- Streaming AND downloading.
Patrons of subscribing libraries now have a weekly download allotment, and a DAILY streaming allotment. The download counter and the streaming time remaining are at the top of the page once you login.
- How to stream, how to download.
Nothing has changed with the download functionality, except that the sample clips are now gone. Streaming is, after all, a license to sample!
- When you put your cursor over an album, you will see a “stream now” button come up. If you press that button on an album, the whole album will play in order.
- You can use “Freegal Playlists”. This is a list of pre-selected songs in a genre that you are sure to enjoy.
- To create a playlist:
- Click on “My Playlists” under “Streaming” on the left side of the page.
- Click on “Create and Store Playlists”.
- At the top center of the page, click on the “+” symbol next to “Saved Playlists”.
- Name your playlist (ex. “The Boss”) and describe it (ex. “Bruce”).
- In that box, click on “Create New Playlist” and your playlist is ready to add music.
- Click on the “Home” page and start looking for music to add.
- To add an album, move your cursor over an album cover and a =+ will appear. Click on that, and then add to your playlist of choice.
- To add an individual song, click on the image until you see a play arrow and =+ sign. Pressing the =+ will allow you to add the song to your chosen playlist.
- Go Mobile with Freegal Apps!
As always, Freegal Music is also a mobile experience. The newest Freegal Music update for Android and Apple devices is in the app stores for you to be able to stream ad-free music, at no charge to you.